Employment OpportunitiesThrough hard work and dedication, you'll have the opportunity to learn, grow and advance with The Galena Territory Association.
We offer competitive pay, benefits and a variety of opportunities. Our associates work in a variety of roles – from helping customers to maintenance and more. We offer full- and part-time opportunities in year-round and seasonal positions. And, we're always looking for talented people like you to join us. The Galena Territory Association, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. All applicants are required to submit a signed Drug Policy Acknowledgment and Consent Form. Please download complete and sign application and drug policy form.
Natural Resources TechnicianFull-time with benefits
The Galena Territory Association is a residential, recreation, and resort community located near Galena, Illinois. There are 1,900 acres of greenspace, which is open space owned and managed by the Association for the benefit of our property owners. The greenspace includes 26 miles of trails and several established woodland, savanna, prairie, and wetland restoration sites. The Association is seeking a full-time restoration technician to steward the Greenspace, maintain trails, and expand restoration sites.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement stewardship and invasive species management plans.
- Manage invasive plant species, including manual removal, mowing, and herbicide application.
- Oak woodland management through brush and tree clearing and building/managing burn piles.
- Participate on a prescribed burn crew to safely and effectively apply fire to greenspace restoration sites.
- Maintain trail system, including regular mowing, minor repairs, remove fallen trees, and maintain clearance for equestrian use.
- Mapping and data collection with handheld and desktop GIS programs
- Operate and maintain small engines (chainsaw, brush saw, backpack blower, auger)
- Operate tractor and skid-steer
- Work outdoors during all seasons and environmental conditions (heat and humidity, cold and snow, wet, stinging/biting insects, steep terrain)
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences (botany, conservation, natural resources, forestry, ecology, etc.) and 1 year field experience. Additional relevant field experience can substitute for a college degree.
- Ability to identify and distinguish native and non-native plants.
- Ability to perform strenuous manual labor outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, lift and carry 50+ pounds, and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work independently
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must obtain Illinois Pesticide Operator’s License and NWCG S130/S190 Wildfire Training Certification.
The Galena Territory Association Owners’ Club is looking for seasonal staff for the 2022 summer.Come join our team, starting wage up to $14.50, use of our great amenities and facilities, part-time, year-round employment opportunities possible for some positions.
Team positions available:
MaintenancePainter - Full-time Seasonal (Monday-Friday)
Painters are responsible for preparing and painting exteriors, power washing, sealing decks, cleaning windows, and performing all other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager or other GTA Management. Previous experience preferred. Currently accepting applications.